AminoGenesis Cocoon ($44.00, AminoGenesis.com) is one of our favorite products here at AminoGenesis. an exquisite body lotion that features 17 amino acids to make your skin softer, smoother, and silkier, and Preventhelia™, a patented peptide that protects your skin from both oxidative and carbon free radical damage and pre-mature protein breakdown.
It is great for use anytime. This amazing amino acid formula goes to work immediately helping to revitalize your skin instantly!
17 Amino Acids
The amino acids in AminoGenesis Cocoon have amazing properties for the body as well as the face.
- L-arginine, L-glutamine, L-glycine, and L-isoleucine may speed the healing of skin cell damage and wounds (Wilderness and Environmental Damage, 2014; JPEN, 2014; Eksp Klin Pharmacol, 2014; Minerva Pediatrica, 2014).
- L-histidine and L-isoleucine may help to prevent skin infections when used regularly. Both have been shown to boost immunological activity against certain types of skin infections, whether by increasing activity (L-histidine) or increasing skin’s natural production of anti-microbial peptides (PLoS Pathogens, 2008, Pharmaceuticals, 2014).
- L-histidine is an antioxidant that may help boost UV protection, preventing future fine lines and wrinkles (PLoS Pathogens, 2008).
- L-leucine, glycine and proline have been shown to fight wrinkles when used in fair concentration on skin (European Journal of Dermatology, 2013).
- L-tyrosine helps the other ingredients and the skin-beneficial hydrators in AminoGenesis Cocoon penetrate the skin (International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2008). So you’re getting a full repertoire of benefits with these amino acids: Fighting and preventing fine lines and wrinkles; preventing skin infections; speeding the rate of cellular turnover/exfoliation; hydrating deeply; and increasing the penetration of other ingredients into the skin. Pretty awesome!
Preventhelia™ is a patented new peptide that helps protect your skin from both oxidative and carbon free radical damage.
The major component behind the complex Preventhelia™ , tripeptide-33 has been suggested by manufacturer studies to additionally prevent photoaging (Monaster.AU). A rare peptide, tripeptide-33 has been suggested in limited studies to take down free radicals in the skin (International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 2013).
Glycerin is a humectant moisturizer, binding with several times its weight in water from the environment (Dr. Leslie Baumann, M.D.). Glycerin strengthens the skin barrier by speeding up skin cell maturation and turnover (International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 2003).
Despite what you may read elsewhere online, silicones like dimethicone are widely considered safe for use in skin care products, with the one exception that they should be used across the eyes (International Journal of Toxicology). Silicones benefit the skin by providing hydration and giving a smooth feel to the skin.
If you want soft, touchable skin come Spring, use AminoGenesis Cocoon once or twice daily!
It’s a sensational product, and one of my all-time favorites!
P.S. — AminoGenesis Cocoon has been given an award by the U.S. military. It’s that good!