In AminoGenesis’ in-house research, the following was evident in users after just six weeks’ of daily use:
- 98% of users said their skin was more firm;
- 95% of users noted there was a decrease in fine lines;
- 95% of users proclaimed there was an improvement in skin discolorations;
- 70% of users noticed a difference with wrinkles.
For more about the ingredients, as well as my personal opinions, read on!
3-guanidinopropionic acid (3-GPA): Anti-Aging
3-GPA is a compound that has been suggested to reduce blood sugar in diabetics (Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 1993).
In the literature, 3-GPA has been suggested to be responsible for “angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels), anti-tumor activity, cell proliferation, skin cell rejuvenation, anti-viral, and anti-microbial” properties (British Journal of Dermatology, 2010).
In summary, GPA has been shown to:
- Support cell turnover;
- Increases cell renewal up to 25%;
- Promotes circulation;
- Have a calming effect on the skin, reducing wrinkles caused by skin tension;
- Support protein synthesis (British Journal of Dermatology, 2010).
Preventhelia® is a peptide complex made by Lipotec. I haven’t seen it in many products, aside from skin care brands I like who are dedicated to cutting-edge technology in their products, like AminoGenesis and Your Best Face.
This tetrapeptide protects the skin from damage caused directly or indirectly by UV radiation to DNA and proteins, preventing skin from photoaging. Preventhelia® specifically neutralizes a type of free radical species known as 4-HNE, one of the most abundant and cytotoxic. It is therefore believed that Preventhelia® may prevent DNA damage (Lipotec; Monaster.AU).
Interestingly enough, Preventhelia® also contains the peptide tripeptide-33. A rare peptide, tripeptide-33 has been suggested in limited studies to take down free radicals in the skin (International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 2013).
Though peptides are generally associated with firming or brightening the skin, Preventhelia® therefore is a peptide complex with a function like its name, preventing UV-induced DNA damage.
PA Revivescence® : Protective
PA Revivescence® is also known as PA Reviviscence® LS 9562. It is supposed to strengthen and hydrate the skin when used in skin care (BASF).
is derived from the plant Myrothamnus flabellifolia, rich in antioxidants, immunostimulating compounds, and hydrators.
According to the parent company of PA Revivescence, it has been tested in a battery of in vitro and clinical tests. PA Revivescence was found to prevent stress and dehydration linked to exposure to UV, heat, cold, and a loss of water to the skin (osmosis).
When PA Revivescence is used in a product like AminoGenesis Paranormal EFX Anti-Aging Super Serum, it may provide reinvigorate the skin as a source of additional UV protection, as well as strengthen against stressors like heat, cold, and water loss.
Silver Ear Mushroom Extract: Better than Hyaluronic Acid?
Silver ear mushroom extract, or Tremella fuciformis, has been used in Asia for centuries as a secret for skin anti-aging, bone strengthening, and weight control.
Silver ear mushroom extract functions as a supreme hydrator. It has been suggested Silver ear mushroom extract may hold 500% more moisture than hyaluronic acid! Considering that hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, that puts silver ear mushroom extract at 50,000 times its weight in water — quite impressive! For your skin, that means hydration, smoothness, and some degree of natural cosmetic wrinkle-filling.
Silver ear mushroom extract is also a great source of antioxidants (Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2001).
Personal Use and Opinions
AminoGenesis Paranormal EFX Anti-Aging Super Serum is a lightweight serum that is suitable for all but the most oily of skin types, as the silver ear mushroom extract may be too hydrating for those with oily skin types.
AminoGenesis Paranormal EFX Anti-Aging Super Serum is a purple serum that spreads easily. One pump is sufficient for the face, and another for the neck and chest. There is a slight fragrance, but it disappears once the product absorbs.
The product dries quickly, and without residue.
AminoGenesis Paranormal EFX Anti-Aging Super Serum is a great way to get the effects of:
- 17 amino acids, which have been shown to treat fine lines and wrinkles, hydrate, boost skin’s natural immunity, increase skin firmness, boost UV protection, accelerate cell turnover, and more! (European Journal of Dermatology, 2013; Journal of Peptide Science, 2012). PLoS Pathogens, 2008, Pharmaceuticals, 2014).
- 3-GPA, which has been shown to support cell turnover, promote circulation, and to reduce stress within the skin.
- Preventhelia®, which has been shown in peer-reviewed independent studies to protect cultured skin cells from UV-induced DNA damage.
- PA Revivescence®, which may protect the skin against UV light, heat, cold, and other stressors.
- Silver ear mushroom extract, which may hold 500% more water than hyaluronic acid.
I highly recommend AminoGenesis Paranormal EFX Anti-Aging Super Serum!