Could this make eyelid surgery obsolete?
Drooping eyelids are one of the most common signs of aging in both men and women.
The skin around the eyes are finer than the rest of the face, with fewer oil glands and less collagen. With age, cumulative stressors like the sun, pollution, environmental toxins, and lifestyle can cause significant changes in the brow bone structure and weakened collagen fiber strength and arrangement. The soft tissue in the area continues to droop and hood. The result? Eyes that look tired, sad, or even angry.
While eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) is an option, risks can include bleeding, infection, dry eyes, skin discoloration, an inability to fully close the eyes, and a possible loss of vision. The substantial cost — well over $3,000 in some cases — can make this a less-than-ideal option as well. Clearly, a new solution needs to be presented. But in order to understand the ideal solution, we must first tackle the problem.
What causes eyelids to droop?
Throughout your life, cumulative stressors can cause the collagen in your skin to age faster. As you age, the toxins accumulate faster and faster, and the collagen subsequently breaks down at an accelerated rate over time. It’s a process known as glycation.
Glycation make your skin less resilient and supple as you age, giving you skin that no longer “bounces back.” Glycation also results in skin appearing thinner and possibly sagging more as well, due to the damaged state of collagen.
1. A blood sugar glycates (attaches to) a protein molecule, forming a Schiff base.
2. The Schiff base either falls apart or forms a more stable product called an Amadori product. Examples of Amadori products include the molecule used to measure blood sugar levels, glycated hemoglobin (Hb1ac), in red blood cells.
3. The Amadori product forms an advanced glycation product (AGE), either directly or through the action of oxoaldehydes, such as methylglyoxyal.
4. Cross links of the AGE glucosepane alter the structure of the collagen within the skin and accumulate as you age, progressively damaging collagen.
How to treat it
AminoGenesis E.Y.E. Control Lid Lifting and Control Serum ($49.95, AminoGenesis.com). E.Y.E Control is a sensational new breakthrough that is a great alternative to expensive and painful eye lid surgery. For the first time in the cosmetics industry, patented E.Y.E. Control demonstrates an instant lifting action on sagging upper eyelids, and long-term firming effects as well. The result? A product that offers a gentle alternative to invasive eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty).Most of the eye products on the market today fight inflammation or plump up the skin temporarily. Some even advocate the use of double sided eyelid tape. But this doesn’t help in the long run! You aren’t fighting the underlying cause! What’s more, you can be stretching out the skin with the constant up and downs, making the problem worse.
E.Y.E. Control protects, strengthens and improves the dermis properties. By consolidating the fragile microvascular network, E.Y.E. Control reduces the accumulation of the glycation-inducing toxins responsible for the tired, sad, or even angry appearance of aging eyelids.
Preliminary peer-reviewed, controlled studies reveal use of the ingredients in E.Y.E. Control result in:
- Up to 61% improved appearance of drooping eyelids.
- Up to 34% improved appearance of the volume and depth of wrinkles areas the eyes.
- Increase of collagen synthesis of 256%
- Increase of elastin production of 229%
In a study of 105 female volunteers, mean age 51 (40 to 60 years old), with a tired look characterised by wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles, the active ingredient in E.Y.E. Control applied twice daily for 28 days a cream resulted in up to a 44% reduction in wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles.
Within just 7 days, E.Y.E. Control influences the way eyelids look. The aspect of fatigue of the eye area is significantly reduced.
Ingredients: EYE Control Ingredients: Deionized Water, Diisostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Glycerin, Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, Acrylates/C10-30Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin and Polysorbate -20.
It Gets Better with Time!
For instance, Darutoside (also known as Siegesbeckia orientalis) is an emollient that may promote collagen production and decrease inflammation (UKAA, 1998), effectively making the skin look younger with time. It is a gentle ingredient as well (Cosmetics and Toiletries, 1998).
Another benefit: Helps with discoloration around the eyes
Dark circles can be caused by:
- Blood pooling under the eyes. The microcirculation under the eyes can have small leakages, resulting in the accumulation of blood under the eyes and a characteristic dark plum color. E.Y.E. Control tightens up the fragile vascular network under the eyes, resulting in less dark circles.
- Excess pigment under the eyes. When the skin encounters toxins, it releases excess pigment in the area. E.Y.E. Control helps to prevent toxins from entering the eye area, reducing the pigment-triggering action of cells in the area. The result? Fewer dark circles, even for the long-term!
For the first time in the U.S., E.Y.E. Control is a product that lifts the upper eyelid, reduces crow’s feet wrinkles, fades away dark circles and diminishes the fatigued look of aging eyelids.
E.Y.E. Control protects, strengthens and improves the skin under the eyes by tightening up the microvascular network, reducing capillary leakages and the accumulation of pigment-triggering, glycation-inducing toxins in the area.
The result? E.Y.E. Control instantly lifts the sagging upper eyelids. One-week use of the active ingredients in E.Y.E. Control has been shown in independent studies to improve wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles by 22%. Boost that to 28-day use, and wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles improve by an brow-raising (no pun intended) 44%.
A gentle alternative to invasive surgery (blepharoplasty),E.Y.E. Control is the new revolution in eye treatment. Try it today, risk free, for 30 days!