Your eyes can either be a dead giveaway for your age, or leave you looking years younger than you are. A great eye cream can be the difference between these two scenarios. Once you’ve found the best eye cream for lines, wrinkles, and dark under eye circles, there are a few application tips to help you get the most out of your product. Follow these guidelines for choosing and applying your eye cream for maximum results.
Finding the Perfect Eye Cream
Before you can apply your anti-aging cream, you have to choose the right one for your needs. With endless options out there, it can be tricky to choose the best fit for your skin type and specific concerns. The right ingredients, however, can make a world of difference when it comes to achieving younger-looking eyes. Look for:
• Amino acids and peptides are excellent eye-area ingredients because they help to stimulate your skin’s natural collagen production while remaining gentle enough for the delicate skin in this area. AminoGenesis Counter Clockwise under eye treatment contains a powerful blend of amino acids, moisturizing ingredients, and botanical extracts to deliver dramatic results.
• Anti-glycation formulas work to reverse the unwanted effects of glycation on the skin, including a dull, lackluster appearance, sagging skin, and fine lines and wrinkles. AminoGenesis E.Y.E. Control includes Albizia julibrissin bark extract to help treat and prevent signs of the glycation process on the skin . The result is a significant improvement in the appearance of drooping eyelids, crow’s feet, and dark circles.
Eye Cream Application Tips
Once you’ve chosen the most effective eye cream formula, keep these tips in mind when applying daily, nightly, or both.
• Rub a small amount of eye cream between two fingers before applying. This helps to warm and soften the cream, making it easier to slide onto your skin.
• Avoid excessive rubbing when applying the cream to your face. Over time, this can contribute to wrinkles. Instead, gently swipe or press the cream onto your skin. Some skin experts suggest using your ring finger to apply eye cream because it is weaker than the other fingers.
• Don’t forget to apply the cream both under and above your eyes. You can go as high as your brow bone when applying above the eye. Many products suggest not applying cream directly on the eyelids
• Avoid applying product right at the lash line, as this may cause eye irritation. In the same sense, don’t apply eye creams where they might easily get into your eyes.
• If puffiness is an eye-area concern, try gently tapping on the skin beneath your eyes when applying your cream. This helps to increase circulation and decrease fluid retention, which can help to minimize puffy eyes .
Taking great care of your skin, including the delicate eye area, can have a dramatic impact on the smooth, youthful-looking appearance of your overall complexion, and it can help you look years younger. Combine the most advanced eye cream ingredients with techniques for gently applying the cream to your skin for the most effective eye-area anti-aging approach.
 U.S. Patent