If there is a magical ingredient that exists, it may very well be mushrooms in skin care.
As mentioned in a review in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, mushrooms are complex substances containing compounds with the following properties:
- Antimicrobial — fights bacteria
- Antiviral — fights viruses
- Antitumor — fights tumor formation
- Antiallergic/immunomodulating — may stimulate immune function
- Anti-inflammatory — may take down inflammation
- Antiatherogenic — may protect against plaque formation in arteries
- Hypoglycemic — may fight spikes in blood sugar
- Hepatoprotective — may protect the liver
- Central activities — may help the brain, spinal cord, and nerves
Different mushrooms function in different ways, but the Tremella mushroom extract is special.
Tremella mushroom is an ancient asian skin care secret
Tremella mushroom extract is an ancient Asian secret. The Chinese princess Yang Gui Fei, who lived in the 8th century A.D. and is considered by many to be the most beautiful woman in China’s history. She has inspired many works of art in the centuries since. She was known to use the Tremella mushroom to preserve her beauty.
Tremella Mushrooms hydrate better than hyaluronic acid?!
Tremella mushroom has science to back it up as well. Studies show that Tremella mushroom has 5 times the water-holding capabilities of hyaluronic acid (Journal of Anhui Agricultural Sciences, 2012), which means 5 times the moisture for your skin. Considering that hyaluronic acid’s moisture retention is 1000 times its weight in water, this means that Tremella mushroom extract should increase skin’s moisture retention drastically, improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, and dry skin.
Tremella mushroom is a tremendous antioxidant
Tremella mushroom also is a tremendous antioxidant. Some of the compounds naturally contained within Tremella have been found to exhibit significant protection against hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative damage in skin cells from the rat (Carbohydrate Polymers, 2011), suggesting that Tremella may have significant potential as a topical antioxidant for the skin.
Where to find tremella mushroom
AminoGenesis Paranormal EFX Anti-Aging Super Serum is one of my favorite products, and it is also rich in Tremella mushroom. It is my favorite to recommend because it contains:
- 3-GPA, which has been shown to support cell turnover, promote circulation, and to reduce stress within the skin.
- 17 amino acids, which have been shown to treat fine lines and wrinkles, hydrate, boost skin’s natural immunity, increase skin firmness, boost UV protection, accelerate cell turnover, and more! (European Journal of Dermatology, 2013; Journal of Peptide Science, 2012). PLoS Pathogens, 2008, Pharmaceuticals, 2014).
- Preventhelia®, which has been shown in peer-reviewed independent studies to protect cultured skin cells from UV-induced DNA damage.
- PA Revivescence®, which may protect the skin against UV light, heat, cold, and other stressors.
This game-changing serum is designed to treat eight different signs of aging, including sunspots and discoloration, fine lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, enlarged pores, dryness, uneven skin tone, loss of radiance and luster, and loss of smoothness/texture.
Tremella mushroom is one of my all-time favorite ingredients to recommend in skin care. I highly recommend trying it in our AminoGenesis Paranormal EFX Anti-Aging Super Serum, which is an aid against sunspots and discoloration, fine lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, enlarged pores, dryness, uneven skin tone, loss of radiance and luster, and loss of smoothness/texture. It does it all!